Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm thinkin' I could use some help

I am not a materialistic person. The last pair of jeans I bought for myself was in January 2007. I know this because my marriage had just ended and I felt like I deserved them. I will buy a shirt every now and then (to wear with those jeans) if it's under $10. One time I found a bin with t-shirts in it at Albertson's and I got 10 shirts for $10. Man, that was a great day and Raleigh hasn't stopped teasing me about it since. Every time I wear one of them... he's all... "I like your shirt, where'd ya get it... Albertson's?" OH... and I was forced to buy stupid maternity clothes last year... but does that count-- really? because wearing them made me cry most of the time. So... no, it doesn't.

And the other problem is I kinda hate shopping. Well, for myself that is. I am the person who says "so and so has outgrown his or her pants. I will run to the mall and get them a new pair" and then I run to the mall sort of in a frenzy and find pants as fast as I can, hopefully at the first store I enter and hopefully on sale and then I run back to the car. I don't have time for shopping and it frustrates me.

Well, on our honeymoon, we did some shopping because Raleigh made me. I found a to die for skirt that I just had to have and it was DIRT cheap and then I found the perfect shoes. They were $30 and THEN they were 30% off of that. I couldn't believe it. I almost wept when I saw them. How could anyone leave them on the shelf for so long that they became 30% off? Well I couldn't. I rescued them from the Honolulu Nordstrom Rack, an island where clearly no one has ANY taste in shoes. I snatched them up. And held them close to me. Oh my gosh they are the cutest shoes I have ever seen. I love them.

And I have NEVER worn them.

If they were black, I would literally wear them every single day. However, they are blue. They are a wonderful shade of blue. It is a beautiful color. In my opinion. But to the makers of skirts and shirts everywhere-- seemingly not a beautiful color or something. Because it's almost been two years since the purchase and I have yet to find ANYTHING worthy to wear with them. I have found several-- slutty like prom dressy-- dresses. I found a cleavage revealing blouse and honestly if I had some cleavage I would have bought it. But sadly...

And so, ladies... and I guess you gents could join in too if you want to... I need you to look around when you are shopping. I challenge you to find a cute, modest skirt for me to wear with these gems. Summer is fast approaching. And IF I can manage not to get knocked up before then, I would love to finally get the chance to don my gay apparel. I am getting desperate. I am shopping challenged. I have a few talents, but that is not one of them. Ask anyone. And a fashion show I am definitely not. So help a girl out, if you can. I'd appreciate it.



I know my legs are white. But if you will excuse me, I was as big as a whale last summer and tanning/wearing a bathing suit/going outside unless absolutely necessary was not really high up on my list of priorities.


9 comments:

Kaeders said...

are you kidding me? if i had that ass, i would ONLY wear the shoes wherever i went. forget spending money on clothes. it would be awkward at church for sure. but i'd get over it. they are very cute shoes.

val said...

ditto on kaeders comment. nice asset kace! so glad you posted photos so we could see the great shoes. i would find a funky orange skirt and forget matching...go for a fun, wild color and put them together. i'm picturing a loose blouse with some great pattern, a tight pencil skirt of a fun color, your great butt and legs and those incredible shoes. go for it girl!

natalie said...

Freakin' love the shoes. I love the pencil skirt in orange idea. I definitely think you need to keep it tight though. But who cares what you wear... everyone will be looking at those legs. You'd think you'd danced on point for 8 years or something.

Jenny said...

If you want to go for a simple, classy look you could get this dress from Down East...I think it is cute, but you would have to take the shoes to the store to see if it matches. I like the pencil skirt idea too though.
http://www.downeastbasics.com/butterflykissdress.aspx

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm with all these other ladies comments! I really doubt that it matters AT ALL what your wearing they won't be looking at the outfit or the shoes:) You go girl, you are one HOT Momma!!!!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I agree...go for funI like the orange idea...yellow would be fun too. I will find you something. Shopping may be the only thing I am good at anymore....well finding shopping deals...thats for sure!

Anonymous said...

Check out Shabbyapple.com Very cute stuff

thiakaren said...

Kaki it must be important ! I dont know what the heck but I am going to make sure it gets fixed! in the meantime email me at carterfam82@gmail.com
Love ya Karen~

The Barton's said...

Kaci I hope you know how much you make me smile. I love those shoes. I myself would fall on my face. Your figure looks awesome and the strong looking calves. You go girl. Good luck with finding a skirt.