Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another quick one to St. G

Thanks to comp days, we were able to take a little vaca to St. George. We started off the festivities at Garrett's baseball game. I thought I was going to watch a bunch of little boys play some little kid baseball... I was wrong. These kids are GOOD. Like really good. Garrett was recruited to play on this all star team. They look like baseball players and they play like baseball players. I was very impressed.
It was 60 degrees. But her head was cold.
We decorated Valentine's Day cookies. And beautifully I might add while the boys golfed. Ask my dad to go on and on about Raleigh's drive over the green on hole #7 with a sand wedge... cuz he will. He is so proud.
Happy Valentine's Day to me. I got a beautiful bouquet of perfect red roses and two pounds of See's Candy and Raleigh got a much needed and much earned massage.
She is so ready to walk.

But she will have better hand to eye coordination if she crawls first and I simply NEED MORE TIME!! So, we aren't as diligent as we should be in teaching her. Poor girl.

Sis discovered her voice on this trip. If all of the attention wasn't on her, she would scream. She yelled practically the entire time. At the restaurant, in Sacrament Meeting and in her sleep. It was actually pretty cute. Here are a few snapshots of the outbursting.
Oh... And she also spits now. Such a lady.

Because of the Parade of Homes, the town is a populatory nightmare. There are 2 million too many people here. Just going to the store is a traffic disaster. Forget eating out. So we went to Chuck A Rama. "Because Raleigh loves buffets". And I want everyone to notice the squash on his plate. I tried not to make a big deal out of it, but that is huge.

We had a H.E.L.L of a good time as always.

Thanks for the hospitality.

8 comments:

chloƩ said...

i just have to tell you that your comment practically had me crying! i was laughing so hard! i am so glad that you shared it, and am sooo sorry that you had to go through that! i can't even imagine! i am so the same though, i would rather go at the gas station down the street, then to have sean even know what is going on! i hate it!!! anyway, just wanted to thank you for sharing and giving me one of the best comments i have read in a long time :)

p.s. you have the cutest family in the world and i want those cookies..now!

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures and even though I was there when they were taken it was very fun to see them on your blog. We loved having you here and we will "remember the good times." I'm happy you made it home safe.

Neilson Family said...

Wish we could've seen you. We were closed on Monday for the holiday. I'm glad you had a good time with your cute family. Next time little miss P comes in to town we need to introduce her to my little man. They'll fall in love INSTANTLY! ;)

Jenny said...

Peyton is so dang cute and she is always smiling! Cameron is a slowpoke and he isn't even crawling yet, but I am not too sad about it cause like you said I "need more time!" But it doesn't look like you are going to get much more time cause she looks like she wants to be on the move!

Karen Carter said...

That Payton is sooo cute I can hardly stand it! And good for you that a skinny girl gets two pounds of chocolate! Talk about a golden ticket. Be sure to pick every piece. Glad you had a fun weekend full of love and cookies. {how do you guys make your frosting? It looks so perfect! Do share....Well have a good week and enjoy that darling family of yours.

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Darling darling pictures! That baby of yours is to die for! Oh and her eye lashes, good grief babies shouldn't be that lucky at such a young age to already have eye lashes like that.

It looks like a good time was had by all!

Take Care!
JoLynn

P.S. I am so sorry Brian didn't have your shelf ready when Brent and Kami were here a couple of weeks ago but he'll have it done for them to take it back when they come again in March so hopefully either your parents or yourselves will be see each other and able to get to you someday soon:)

The fly-fisherman said...

It was fun to have you here. I wish you guys were just a little bit closer. Russ had so much fun golfing with the boys on Saturday. I had a great time just relaxing for a change. Thanks for coming down and giving me an excuse not to clean my house. I had such a better weekend because of it!!!

Chelsea said...

How fun to get away for a little bit. Can you believe our babies are already six months? That's nuts! Peyton looks so sweet in all of these pictures. I still think she looks a ton like Raleigh, but I think she's starting to look more and more like her mama too!:)