Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Recap

It wasn't a very eventful week. Which to be honest is just fine with me. Eventful weeks just may be the death of me. But here it is anyway... our boring week in review.
Monday, if you will remember was a holiday. Which equates to four kids and a baby being home all day, eating everything in sight, making messes that they never intended to clean up in every room and non stop... and you think I am kidding... but literally non stop fighting. I worked for part of the day and left strict instructions that no one was to kill or mame another child or there would be trouble. Upon returning, I found the house to still be standing, Morgan had bite marks on one of her arms and Quin was missing 47 hairs, but otherwise all was well and we considered the day a success.

Tuesday was a work day for me. I began at 5 and I was all alone in the warehouse because all of my coworkers were doing overnights. And so I plugged in the Touch and blared the best of the 80s all day long. That night, I made a crappy dinner as I do every Tuesday because Raleigh closes on Tuesday nights and dropped the teenies off at YM/YW and settled in to watch my favorite show, The Good Wife. But once again it was a rerun and so I fell asleep at 9:03.

Wednesday is our date day. So we ventured up North. We ate some yummy Mexican Food and I got my hair colored thankfully. Our ward is so far undefeated in Church Ball and my super hot husband is the best and not to mention sexiest player on the team, so he went to get the W and I got caught up on household chores, helped everyone with homework and tried not to yell too much. Another successful day. Wednesdays are once again my favorite.


Thursday, the girls and I ran errands and left "Little Bit" with Brayden. He is a cute boy, but lacks tremendously in babysitting skills. So while he and his stinky friends were killing bad guys on whatever game they were playing, she steamrolled herself off the bed. Right before their eyes. BAM on the floor she went landing ever so gently on her NOSE. She, as she should have started screaming, inconsolably and Brayden being the ridiculously sensitive lad he is started sobbing as well. He called me hysterically bawling and I couldn't understand a word he was saying... so, I of course imagined the worst and drove 106 miles an hour toward home, honking, swearing and flipping the people off who wouldn't get out of my way. She of course was sleeping when I got home and Brayden was in the corner rocking back and forth. Poor kid. He'll probably never be the same.

But she is fine. And back to her ever happy self. All five of my kids have rolled themselves to near death. I went into the mother's room at church and one of the other mothers in there goes "oh looks like she got it on the nose too" And I looked over and her baby had a big scab on his nose. "Fell off the couch" she said. Then the other girl goes "my 2 year old dropped mine" and her daughter looked like she'd been beat to hell. Sooooo.... it happens to the best of us.

Friday, the girls started gymnastics. Morgan sees this as a stepping stone to her ultimate goal of being a professional cheerleader. And Allie will just do whatever I tell her to do. I am trying to channel her....... energy. So the class is from 4 to 5. And it was like 4:35. And Allie's teacher is so fun and he's helping them do assisted back handsprings. And Allie goes " I think I can do that by myself" And he goes "No, it's your first day" and she goes "Let me try please?" He looks over at me like... should I? I nodded because it's Allie and first of all she can do anything she sets her mind to do and second, she ISN'T going to give up until you let her do it. So he does and... well.... the girl can do them, so it seems. After 35 minutes in the Gym. I don't know what to say.

Saturday we BOTH had the day off. So we went to YUM Chick Fil A for lunch and went to see Avatar in 3D. Maybe could have been a good movie if I hadn't been so sick from those STUPID glasses. And if my baby hadn't been TALKING through the whole thing forcing me to stand up in the hallway while the theater spun around in swift circles. The car ride home only exacerbated the whole illness and I came home and had to sleep it off. What a fun time I am.

And finally Sunday, we went to church. Watched Manning and Collie kick some BUTT and land themselves a position in the SuperBowl. Watched Brett lose to the STUPID Saints. (Which by the way they are NOT) but someone is on their side with all their STUPID overtime field goals. And then finished off the week with the "Great to be 8" fireside in preparation for Allie's baptism.

All in all a good and very LOW KEY week. Hope you had a good one too.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I remember when Morgan fell off the bed for the first time...I felt like the worst mom ever! So far Cameron hasn't fallen off of anything yet...knock on wood.

Anonymous said...

Loved getting the Recap of all the activities in Eagle Mountain. I'm sorry about Peyton's fall, her nose looks so sore but I'm really sorry for Brayden, he probably felt just awful and scared. Kami fell off the bathroom counter when she was just tiny and I can still remember just walking around the house, holding her and crying for the entire day...and then of course Dad sat on her a month or two later, now there's a story...poor little girl. I'm excited about the girls starting gymnastics, I'll think they will be so good. Good Luck to you all.

The Barton's said...

Kaci, my kids too have all rolled off some item of furniture. My oldest trying to be a loving sister picked up her bawling baby sister and promptly dropped her on the floor. That was the moment I became a yelling mom. I love hearing that other families opperate much like ours.

Neilson Family said...

You crack me up!! I LOVE reading your posts. I wish I was better at my blog. I'll get the hang of it again soon. :) We are all doing good down here. Same stuff going on at SWC. T is going through a rough patch but she'll be back to normal soon. I miss your mug! Kiss that sweet baby for me. :)

Jenny said...

Are you serious about babysitting my kids? Cause I might have to take you up on the Mondays and Thursdays...Emery refuses to talk to you for me, so I will just have to hope you see this message on your blog. You can e-mail me at jenny_darling_2002@hotmail.com