Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Surprise Visit

On Thursday as I was pulling into the garage from work, I got a text from Sara. We used to work together at Southwest Center Behavioral Health in St. George. " Hi, Lady, I'm in Lehi. Are you at work?" It said. "No, but can I meet you somewhere?" "Surely, we just pulled into Rumbis" So, I changed my clothes, grabbed the baby and I was off.

When I arrived, I was so happy to see that Teresa, who was my old boss was with her. These two girls were a very big part of my life during a rough time. Every day I would vent and or cry and or seek advice from them.

Teresa hired me one week after I had walked out on my job with the sickest and most dysfunctional company in the entire world. I was a wreck. Do you have any idea how bad a job must be for a single mom with four children to flip her boss off and walk out? Pretty indescribably horrible and so I was jobless and scared and she literally saved my life.

And Sara... oh man Sara... everyday this girl was there for me. She was there when Raleigh moved away. She was my lifesaver at Heaton Ranch, which was the Summer Camp we had to be counselors at (and I thought I was going to die because I DON'T DO CAMPS or BUGS or DIRT) She even babysat the kids so we could go get married. I owe her so much.

I was so excited to see them and get all caught up on their lives. It was the greatest surprise.
This is Sara and she is going to kill me for putting this picture of her on my blog, but this is her compassionate face. I saw it ALL THE TIME. Isn't it a cute face?She's also going to kill me for this one too, but I am so proud of her beautiful teeth. She just got her braces off three weeks ago and she hasn't even blogged about them yet. So I will.

Thanks girls for taking the time to stop and eat right by my house so I could join you and feel so happy. I miss you both.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time, cute pictures too. I LOVE and miss Rumbi's, somedays I dream about it. I'm glad you figured out the problem with your blog, sorry I couldn't help.

The Barton's said...

True friends are the ones that always come through for us. I am glad you got to see them.

Chelsea said...

What good friends. They really are rare. That's way cool you got to see them!

Neilson Family said...

Kaci, I am SO glad that it worked out that we could see you and your ADORABLE girls. I don't mind the pictures AT ALL. Although, I do look AWFUL in them after being up since 5 am and being in a training ALL day. My face in the first picture would best describe how I would look when you were feeling down. "What are you CRAZY! You're GREAT!! Snap out of it!!" :) I love you Kac. You are a HUGE part of my life. I have learned so many lessons from you and I appreciate you more than you know. Now, let's try and see each other a little more often. Mmm-K! :)

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I'm so glad that you have such good friends! It sounds like it was a lot of fun to get to see them.

You are such a darling gal. I truly enjoy reading your blog and comments and seeing your fun family.

Thanks for sharing!
JoLynn

Thebiegeflower.com said...

hi k.c. this is gail your roomate from ricks remember. We live just up the street in murray ut. We need to have lunch to gether k. Your friend from st. george I went to schoool with her when I lived in st. g. small world my e mail is gailtingey@comcast.net