Sunday, December 20, 2009

Sigh

Yesterday, I spent THE ENTIRE day with Allie. I mean the entire day. She woke me up at the crack of dawn on my only day off this week to ask me what she should wear to go build a snowman. Then I made the ghastly mistake of taking her shopping with me, and she NEVER once stopped talking. But she really does say hysterical things. 1. She says "mom, it would just make my day if you would help me find my ipod." 2. She has made my old scripture set... hers and so yesterday she spent around 40 minutes reading them. So, I am a little impressed by that and so I say to her "you've been reading a while, what are you learning?" She says "Um... I, I, I don't know, I just don't get it. There are a lot of ye's." ( and she shrugs her shoulders) and then she goes "but there is one part that says JEW" and then she laughs hysterically like that is a BIG typographical joke. 3. I say "Allie, go brush your teeth and when you are done, I want to check them" and she says "now, why would you want to start doing that?" I say "I want to make sure you are doing a good job. And she says "Well, in that case, I will need you to buy me a toothbrush... I haven't been able to find mine for 4 days" OH MY HELL!!! I just may be the world's worst mother.

Then (and this is the best story of all) I FINALLY bought her a Santa hat after 4 days of her asking me to (literally non stop 4 days of asking). And the next day she wore it to school along with her red sweat pants and matching sweatshirt and Brayden's black church belt around her waist accompanied by her Napoleon Dynamite snow boots and a cotton ball beard. Yep, I promise you. It's not a lie.

You really do just have to find the humor in it all... or you could absolutely lose your ever lovin' mind.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sweet Allie...I know first hand, how she can really drive a person crazy but if we can just get all that energy (and annoyance) channeled in the right direction, there will be no stopping her!! It really takes a special kind of person to be Allie's mother and Kaci, you are IT!! This just shows the confidence that Heavenly Father has in you, try not to forget that.

The Barton's said...

lol Kaci My 12 year old, yes 12 year old just announced to me that she cannot find her toothbrush and has not had one since our last move. THREE MONTHS AGO. Kids say the darndest things I swear! Have a Merry Christmas.

The fly-fisherman said...

I can so relate to this post. Every time I have to spend a day with Gracie shopping I could kill myself. She too says the funniest things. I need to start writing them down so I can remember them. Then maybe one day I will think she is fun to be around.

Daniel said...

hahaha i loved the part about the toothbrush! hilarious! oh hell!