Monday, February 8, 2010

Traditions..... Traditions




















We hosted our second annual Superbowl party in the Lund Theater. We were so excited this year because the Colts were playing. I had to start cooking the meat 2 days before the party and as you can see Little Bit was a huge help.

We aren't gambling... why would you think we were gambling.
The spread: Cafe Rio Pork (I bought the recipe from a lady in a back alley in Salt Lake)
Spanish Rice, Black Beans, Cafe Rio Dressing (that Lindsay sold her soul to get) and Chips and for dessert... Grandma Shauna's Brownies that they will serve in Heaven and now I can't eat for a week because I gained 10 pounds eating them.
All the kids made homemade pizzas upstairs and then played hide and seek
Poor Brayden was sick. Brian told him he looked like death. I think if his hair was shorter he wouldn't look so ill.
The group photo
Lincoln and Ethan kicked it on Brayden's bed and watched High School Musical
Brian and Tierra wore their Denver jerseys in protest. And Brian and Shauna were the only Saints lovers...whatever.
It was a really fun night even though Peyton forgot to show up for the game.
Maybe next year... sigh

5 comments:

Neilson Family said...

Super Bowl was AWESOME this year. I too stuffed my thighs with Brownies. I currently feel the need to lay on the floor and do a thousand and five crunches to get my gut to slim down, but I think that might be inappropriate in the work place. ;) Super Bowl treats are my weakness. It looks like you guys had A LOT of fun! Kiss that little girl on the nose for me. :)

Anonymous said...

You are definitely the Hostess with the Mostess!! Looks like a Super time, with Super food and Super guests. We had a Little gathering as well, but it lost steam in the fourth quarter...I had to leave the room until the whole thing was over...so sad about the Colts. I'm glad your party was a success, now you have a year to recover!

The fly-fisherman said...

Looks like so much fun. I wish we could have made it up there this year. Garrett was being ordainded yesterday and I had to work so i could have President's weekend off!!!! I hear you might be coming to town. I hope you do! That would be a good time!

Tierra said...

I love the pictures!! We had a great time and the kids had a blast playing with your girls. Thanks so much for the invite. We are so glad we came.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

I have only one thing to say...Brayden my sweet handsome nephew that I love and ADORE...PLEASE cut your hair and take off that beanie!
We had a party too...but since I am a loser and forgot my camera I can't blog about it!!! SUCK!
Can't wait to see you guys. If you are coming on Thursday I may keep my kids outta school on Friday so they can see you. They leave to go to SLC that evening.
See you soon!